Have you been arrested, detained, or cited? Do you face court action? An attorney experienced in family law criminal matters provides you with peace of mind. Good criminal defense representation helps you navigate the often-complicated criminal justice system.
There are endless scenarios where a family matter results in an arrest or criminal investigation. Here are some examples:
- An ex-partner accuses you of domestic violence.
- You break a child custody agreement.
- You haven’t paid child support.
Hiring an attorney who deals with family law criminal issues provides you with legal representation at this difficult and confusing time.
How Can a Connecticut Family Law Attorney Help With Criminal Matters?
An attorney has many roles and responsibilities when it comes to family-related criminal matters in Connecticut. A good attorney will prepare a viable defense for you by reviewing facts, interviewing witnesses, and gathering important documents like police reports. If your case has already progressed to the court stage, you mustn’t appear in front of a judge alone. An experienced attorney should represent you in a court of law and guide you through the criminal justice system so you achieve the best outcome for you and your family.
Not seeking legal representation could bring further problems. For example, you might receive a protective order or another punishment that could impact your job prospects. It is also important you seek legal representation so any criminal proceedings don’t hinder a case in the family courts.
Not all family law attorneys in Connecticut are equal. You need one who understands the facts of your case and represents you with the best possible defense. No two cases are the same, and you deserve an attorney who takes into account your circumstances, not one that glosses over the facts.
Why You Should Choose an Experienced Family Law Attorney Who Handles Criminal Issues
Here at Rochlin Law Group, we handle all types of criminal cases that result from a breakup, separation, divorce, child custody dispute, family breakdown, or other family-related matters. It’s what we’ve done for years. It’s what we do best.
We represent our clients in family and criminal courts in Connecticut and at the federal level and provide solutions to real problems. This is how we can help you:
- We’ll start by establishing the facts of your criminal allegation.
- We’ll take into consideration any aggravating factors that relate to your charge. (For example, if your ex-partner threatened you.)
- If you didn’t commit a crime, we can find evidence to support you.
- We’ll provide legal representation if your case ends up in court.
- We’ll provide support and guidance throughout the legal process.
The Importance of Hiring a Family Lawyer in Connecticut Who Deals With the Criminal Justice System
We understand that an arrest, citation, detainment, or impending court case is a stressful experience. This is why you shouldn’t deal with the criminal justice system alone. If you say the wrong thing or forget some of the facts of your case, you could make matters worse.
You might have lots of questions right now. These might include:
- Can I still see my children if I’ve broken the law?
- Will I go to prison for violating child custody arrangements?
- What happens if a judge doesn’t believe me?
- If I admit my crime, will I get a lesser sentence?
We can help you answer any question you have right now.
Don’t deal with the law alone. Call (860) 357-9158 or contact us here.